Sarpy County/ESU #3 Head Start

It is people like you who make our program thrive by choosing to give your time, talents, financial gifts, and materials. Volunteer opportunities vary, but all of our locations need volunteers throughout the year. When you join our team of volunteers, you are helping us build communities where families and children’s lives are changed. Volunteers are one of our strongest resources in meeting the needs of the Sarpy County community.


  • Diapers and Wipes
  • Unopened, Non-Expired Formula (e.g., Enfamil)
  • Classroom Supplies (e.g., markers, paper, paint, glue)
  • Books
  • Kleenex and Paper Towels
  • Office Supplies (e.g., copy paper, post-its, staples, Expo markers, batteries, notebooks

Classroom Volunteer Opportunities

  • Classroom volunteers
  • Playground maintenance
  • Simple maintenance and repairs

Non-Federal Share (In Kind)
The Partnership
When Head Start was launched by Congress in 1965, it was considered a federal partnership with local communities to deliver services to low-income children and their families. Community-based programs received 80 percent of the program costs from the federal government and were required to demonstrate the community’s partnership by providing the remaining 20 percent. For example, for every $10 spent to operate a Head Start program, the federal government would provide $8 and the program would contribute the remaining $2 through non-federal resources which could be either a cash match or donations of goods or services that cover legitimate program operating costs. Fifty years later, this partnership between the federal government and local communities remains a foundational element of Head Start and is still demonstrated by an 80 to 20 percent split of costs.
Your volunteer services will help our Agency achieve our In Kind goals.

Donate/Volunteer - HERE

Volunteer Photo Gallery
Volunteer Photo
Volunteer Photo
Volunteer Photo
Volunteer Photo
Volunteer Photo
Volunteer Photo